Friends of The Children’s Center, Inc. (Friends)
Friends of The Children’s Center, Inc. (Friends) is a membership society supporting the mission, vision, core values, programs and needs of children and families served by the organization. Friends are organized in each of the geographic areas served by the organization. Friends support the strengthening of services to better meet needs in their communities. Friends support Galveston Island, the Bay Area – Clear Lake, Mainland Galveston County, the Houston Metropolitan area, the Beaumont area, the Corpus Christi area and the Rio Grande Valley area.
The Friends of The Children’s Center, Inc. is a membership society providing an opportunity to directly contribute and partner with the ongoing work of The Children’s Center, Inc. This life-sustaining support will reduce dependence on federal and state funding, important temporary resources, but not dependable, long term solutions. Friends provide financial, material and volunteer support to the organization.
- Personal follow-up is provided for feedback from all participants and potential interest in continuing to learn about the organization.
- Friends Quarterly Briefing – Friends are invited to quarterly updates on the work of the organization and general sharing of contributions being made by friends. Opportunities are provided for Friends to support the organization In various ways that include Coffee Artisan Friends, Special Donor Friends, Major Gift Friends, Planned Giving Friends and Volunteer Friends.
- Friends Special Meetings – Friends will be invited to holiday and special children and youth events and gatherings that provide unique participation in work of the organization.
- Friends Annual Meeting – Friends will be invited to an annual meeting to review and highlight the work of the organization, of Friends and to seek ongoing support of the organization.
- Newsletter – A quarterly newsletter will be provided to friends, providing information on recent work of the organization in meeting the needs of children, youth and families.
- Annual Report – At the end of each calendar year, an annual report will be provided to Friends that highlights work of The Children’s Center, Inc. and its Friends in achieving annual goals in relation to strategic goals of the organization.